Job Specification – Electrical System Deployment and Commissioning Engineer
Our client is an innovative smart grid company. Their system consists of site controllers with sensor and actuation networks, a central applications system and an operation centre for managing Smart Grid services and trading in Energy Markets.
Home Based. Travel 80% of the time.
- Installation of electrical metering, control hardware and software equipment.
- Commissioning and monitoring and control site system.
- Interfacing site-based hardware to electrical loads in a wide variety of industry types.
- Communication with site-based engineering staff and third-party maintenance contractors whilst installing and commissioning.
- Troubleshooting and investigating faults on current sites.
- Upgrading panels and retrofitting components as required by the development team.
- Report writing following installations.
- Interface effectively with customers to resolve requests and system issues.
- Extended travel is required, >80%, mainly in the UK
Required Experience and Skills
- Electrical craft certificate with a minimum of eight years’ experience
- Electrical Installation and Commissioning skills essential
- Electrical infrastructure knowledge of commercial and industrial buildings
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Strong communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative without immediate hands on support in diverse locations in Ireland and UK
- Organized, energetic and self-motivated
- A level of health and safety training is desirable, although further training will be given
- A valid full driving license
- Own hand tools and transport preferable but not essential.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office computer package
- Knowledge of refrigeration controls beneficial but not essential, including Danfoss, Carel, RDM, JTL, Emerson and independent PLC controls providers such as STAR refrigeration. Training will be provided where skills gaps exist.
- System configuration knowledge is beneficial but not essential.
- Basic network IP configuration is beneficial but not essential.
Term and Benefits
- Full Time after a 6-month probationary period
- Benefits include working alongside a highly motivated team delivering cutting edge technology and a competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Hands on training for major accountabilities where skills may need to be developed.
- Phone and laptop
- Company van if required