Salary: £35 000 -£45 000 per annum
Timely Recruit is recruiting for a Compliance and Assurance Manager with Multi Utility experience in Gas and Electricity Distribution.
The company is one the largest and well-established Independent Gas Transporters (IGT) and Independent Distribution Network Operators (IDNO) in the UK. The company ensures that they deliver and develop the best possible services for those that live and work on their network.
- Assure compliance with the company’s internal design, construction and maintenance policies and standards.
- As the Compliance and Assurance Manager you will monitor that all company’s Policies and Procedures are implemented and followed by all ICP/UIP’s, Contractors and Service Providers employed by the company.
- You will lead or assist with audit and inspection from key stakeholders.
- Assist in the management of the Gas and Electric Safety Case.
- Ensuring compliance with industry standards & company’s design, construction and safety standards as appropriate.
- Ensuring that the requirements of the company’s Health and Safety Policy and the company’s Asset Management System are met.
- Participating in reviews and updates of the current operational procedures and technical standards.
- As the Compliance and Assurance Manager you will assist with assurance of maintenance and inspection regimes.
- Assist with maintaining and improving industry accreditations and Management Systems.
- Monitoring of the company’s Technical and Safety Audit regime, in collaboration with Heads of Networks and Asset Operations. This may include involvement with on-site audits and inspections as and when required.
- The Compliance and Assurance Manager will ensure completeness and management of the company’s Technical Library.
- You will keep abreast of changes to legislation and industry standards and advises on policy and procedure change.
- Provide effective liaison with other internal departments to provide support with compliance related enquiries/issues associated with the activities of the company.
- Audit processes that ensure the assets that are being designed, installed, tested and commissioned are fit for business purpose, complying with Industry/Regulatory and Legislative Standards and requirements.
- The Compliance and Assurance Managers primary role is to ensure that the company’s Policy and Procedures comply with the Gas and Electric Safety Cases and that activities specified in such are being undertaken to a robust standard including monitoring both the implementation and compliance with the company’s technical and engineering policies and procedures.
Experience and Attributes
To be successful as the Compliance and Assurance Manager you must
- Primarily demonstrate considerable competency and experience in the Gas/ Electricity distribution business for the following areas-
1)Industry/Regulatory and Legislative Standards and requirements
4)Operation and Maintenance
The Compliance and Assurance Manager must have sufficient knowledge of electricity/ Gas (and water) standards to deliver the key responsibilities across the company’s multi-utility assets.
- A recognised H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH.
- You must have working knowledge of Quality Management systems.
- Knowledge of the Regulatory and HSE Framework.
- Computer Literate
- An innovative approach to problem solving.
- An ability to adopt a wider perspective than the immediate bounds of the job description.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Affiliation with a Professional Body.