Role: Energy Engineer
Location: Flexible – Willingness to travel in the UK to sites
Salary: £27 000 - £37 000 + Bonus
Timely Recruit is recruiting for an Energy Engineer or Projects Engineer.
The company specialises in energy-saving turnkey solutions for commercial and industrial consumers. The company carries out energy-saving solutions for various types of high-profile companies by using unique and flexible business models.
- As the Energy Engineer/ Projects Engineer - you will be responsible for client site technical analysis of manufacturing environments to identify and technically evaluate Energy reduction opportunities.
- You will manage clients, subcontractors and supplier interface regarding engineering, procurement, Installation and Commissioning Activities
- You will evaluate and prepare technical specifications for energy equipment and contractors. The Energy Engineer/ Project Engineer you will analyse of energy management data to provide insight and report delivery. Prepare and analyse of data sets for compliance reporting.
- Prepare and analyse data sets for compliance reporting (e.g. – GHG, SECR, ESOS)
- You will assist in provision of advice on all energy-related management including auditing, reporting, monitoring and targeting and the preparation of performance indicators.
As the Energy Engineer/ Project Engineer you will carry out feasibility studies, FEED, detailed design, sizing and calculations and verify and validate work undertaken by others.
- Carry out the budget and cost estimation, time scheduling and detailed planning of activities including change and risk management associated with vendor and supplier, Installation and commissioning activities.
- Analyse and report energy usage trends for clients and the measurement and verification of implemented projects.
- You will be responsible for the co-ordination and controlling of the planning and execution of energy reduction projects including project management and principle contractor activities.
- Flexibility is essential for the day to day interaction and relationship during the lifecycle of the project, as well as client facing with Operations Manager and Engineering Managers.
- Confident in presenting and chairing meetings of key aspects of evaluations to our clients Senior Leadership Teams and stakeholders.
- Be flexible, dynamic and pragmatic as an active member of our successful technical sales and project delivery process for new client business.
- As the Project Manager you will proactively support and ensure compliance with Health Safety Environmental and Quality responsibilities.
Experience and Attributes:
- To be a success candidate you should have a degree-level qualification in Mechanical or Process Engineering or equivalent would be preferred.
- Significant manufacturing experience in Engineering, Maintenance or Facilities management roles.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing related industry.
- Proficiency in MS office, and self-motivated in planning, presenting and executing projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to collaborate and be a good team player, liaise at all levels, work to tight schedules and deliver to budget whilst ensuring client satisfaction, meeting KPI’s.
- Provide guidance and advice to all within the project teams and have the ability to develop and enhance procedures to improve efficiency of the multidiscipline streams.
- As the Project Manager you must a good understanding of the principles of LEAN manufacturing, KANBAN methodologies, Agile ideology and change management techniques.
- Experience of confidently presenting to senior clients as well as ability to work independently and with site engineering representatives.
- Valid UK/EU driving licence and UK residency.
- As the Energy Engineer/ Project Engineer it is important that you are customer focused and results oriented.
- Ability to evaluate, organise and prioritise workloads.
- Strong communication, relationship, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Open minded with a flexible attitude.
- Self-motivated with the personal drive to complete tasks to required time-scales and quality standards.
- Able to take the initiative when necessary and working without close supervision.
- As the Energy Engineer/ Project Engineer you must be familiar with building management systems (BMS)
- The Energy Engineer/ Project Engineer must be familiar with utility metering systems and platforms
We look forward your application