Role: Utilities ( Gas/ Electricity/ Multi Utility) Asset Inspector
Location: Field based - North of the UK and Scotland
Salary: £27000 to £35000 per annum + pension + employee benefits
Timely Recruit is recruiting for a Utilities (Gas/ Electricity/ Multi Utility) Asset Inspector to join one the leading Independent Gas Transporter (IGT) and Independent Distribution Network Operator (IDNO).
As the Asset Inspector you will be working closely with the Asset Management Team committed to the efficient design, construction, operation and maintenance of complaint and safe GAS and ELECTRICITY Distribution Networks.
The Utilities Asset Inspector will take responsibility for ensuring that correct industry and internal standards andpolicies are observed to whilst examining the construction of new networks.
Summary of main duties and responsibilities:
- As the Utilities ( Electricity/ Gas/ Multi utility) Asset Inspector you will make sure that the requirements of the company’s Health and Safety Policy are met.
- You will make sure that the requirements of the client’s Asset Management System are met.
- Providing support to give assurance that all company, industry and national requirements are understood by all UIPs/ICPs, Contractors and Service Providers.
- Assist in maintaining current accreditations, qualification of new accreditations and industry compliance for all company’s assets.
- Provide assurance that assets being designed, installed, tested and commissioned are fit for business purpose, complying with Industry/Regulatory and Legislative Standards and requirements.
- Managing satisfactory resolution of Non-Conformities (NCR’s) that are raised during audit and inspection.
- Ensuring that service provider Health and Safety requirements are suitable, sufficient and implemented.
- You will provide effective monitoring, operational support and guidance to ensure that assets to be adopted are constructed safely, efficiently and cost effectively.
- Carry out the company’s technical and safety audit/inspections of all assets.
- As the Utilities ( Electricity/ Gas/ Multi utility) you will audit customers to ensure the competent deployment of people, plant and processes.
Qualifications, Attributes and Experience
As the Asset Inspector you must have experience in the Gas OR Electric distribution business or Multi Utility experience is preferential.
- Knowledge and experience of working in gas/electricity distribution networks including
- operation and maintenance
- The Asset Inspector must have knowledge of the industry standards, regulations, specifications and legislative requirements.
- EUSR or CSCS registered.
- Computer Literate.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Manage relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Ability to influence customer behaviours and outcomes.
- Knowledge of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA).
- Knowledge of Wayleave, Easement and Land Transfer requirements.